We left Black Mountain at 11 am on Wed. July 22, earlier than planned.
Rafting on the Pigeon River - NC while we slowly drive the I-40 detour.
Tai driving past the Sun Sphere Knoxville TN
Nasheville TN
Sleep in Nashville TN
Breakfast
The highways in Tennessee were embraced by trees in many miles!
Near the St. Jude’s Hospital with Danny Thomas Blvd…and continuing to Little Rock
We started off from Nashville on Thursday and crossed all of Arkansas!
Tai enjoying his eggplant Parmesan in the motel in Fort Smith Arkansas
My fettuccine Alfredo
We’re enjoying Door Dash!
And watching Independence Day while I did my nebulizing treatment. I’m fine sitting in the truck, but am a whimpy noodle getting out and walking halls of motels. Especially in 92 degrees. And Tai has done all the driving!
I am so glad we had the step stool because I couldn’t get in or out of the truck since the first step was higher than my knees!
Thanks for coming along with us!
I felt so close to all who commented yesterday and I can’t thank you enough.
















Hello,
ReplyDeleteGreat photos from your two days on the road. I am glad your son is doing the driving.
Safe travels. Take care , have a great day!
The photos do give a feeling of travelling a long distance! Wishing you all the best on getting settled in your new home - and exploring your new neighbourhood...!
ReplyDeleteGlad for the update. You’re not exactly on the Dawn Treader, but it feels like a fine adventure.
ReplyDeleteThat's a big trip! Your photo of your old apartment in your blog banner is so poignant.
ReplyDeleteOh, they didn't take the rocking chair?
ReplyDeleteTennessee is a beautiful state, isn't it? And Nashville is an extremely happening place. Too bad you didn't get a chance to visit the Parthenon Museum there. Have you ever seen it? It's sort of mind-blowing. I've never been to Memphis but would love to go.
This is such a special time for you and your son. The experience is one you'd never have without this trip, this move.
Glad to read today's update. Glad everything has gone relatively smooth for you both. l like the final photo of your apartment, it was time to move on. What an incredible big move, you should be very proud because there are lots of people who would never do it. Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteSuch a poignant picture of the rocking chair! I love following your journey west.
ReplyDeleteYou have been putting up the miles. Today must be Texas?
ReplyDeleteOn second thought Oklahoma? I need to look at a map.
DeleteSuch an adventure!
ReplyDeleteI'm from Memphis and have family there, so I'd have taken that exit!
ReplyDeleteThe terrain will soon start to change, my friend!
Hugs!
...happy trails to you!
ReplyDeleteLooks like y'all are moving right along and having some wonderful quality time together too. What a great adventure!
ReplyDeleteI have to check a map. I didn't know Oklahoma was before Colorado, my bad.
ReplyDeleteAmazing to see how empty the roads are! Safe journey to you.
ReplyDeleteI am going backwards through your posts, trying to catch up. This is one long but interesting journey,, Barb.
ReplyDelete