Update about blogCa

A sneak peak at the view, when it’s 97 out and soon the sun will be shining in…the blinds do their job!

Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Just some photos

 


Large plastic (of some kind) tree of life, lightweight...free to anyone who will come get it in Black Mountain. Color is soft forest green but can be painted. (Give a comment below if you are interested!)



Aerial view of Central Park, NY by Lensaloft photography


That's how I learned how to dive!




Wordless Wednesday was my goal. 

But there's this which was quoted on Wordsmith's Word-a-day yesterday.

NOT sure I agree...

“I have learned that if you must leave a place that you have lived in and loved and where all your yesteryears are buried deep, leave it any way except a slow way, leave it the fastest way you can. Never turn back and never believe that an hour you remember is a better hour because it is dead. Passed years seem safe ones, vanquished ones, while the future lives in a cloud, formidable from a distance.”
Beryl Markham




12 comments:

  1. ...yes, do something positive in this tidal wave of insanity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Tidal wave of insanity" is an apt description of MAGA USA, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no thoughts to comment. 😎
    But I wish you a good day. ☀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I like your tree of life, I hope it finds a new home. Something needs to be done to stop the insanity.
    Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a good quote - look forward! Remember the past with gratitude but look forward with anticipation and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I agree with Beryl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tree would be a nice decoration for my garden shed, but I'm a little too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tree of life, I hope it finds a good home.
    Yes insanity rules right now. Looking forward to the return of peaceful and reasonable days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beryl Markham was one of a kind. I'm not surprised she said that, it's definitely her speed. Everyone can't do that though. Most of us are at least a bit attached to places and people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that view of Central Park. I thought at first it was the innards of some kind of electronic device. It makes me a little queasy to think of so many people in that small space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You may have to leave "things" behind, but nothing wrong with bringing good memories with you to look back on...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!