Wednesday, July 29, 2026

One shot

 

First light, first morning in new apt. IPhone messes with the lighting, so it lookslikedaylight. Sigh.

Don’t have internet yet, and hotspot with the iPhone is slow tonight. So I’ll leave this as my contribution. 

I have a fever again…wish I knew what was going on. But health insurance is not transferring automatically as several agents said…so I’m postponing several visits that I’d scheduled. We’ll see if I can even get coverage by August.

Tomorrow he internet should be on!

My daughter-in-law spent 5 hours Tuesday unpacking and organizing the kitchen, then carting all the boxes and bubble wrap to the garbage downstairs. Some she took to a recycling center nearby.

See ya!



22 comments:

  1. ...it's great to have help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Great view! I am glad you had help unpacking. I hope the doctor and health insurance problem is solved soon. I hope you feel better. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes...and I'll add mine to the group to have my health continue to improve. It's Wed. evening and I've moved slowly but accomplished a bit, and no fever today! Whoo-hoo!

      Delete
  3. Toes crossed the insurance and fever get sorted ASAP. Very happy to see that your daughter-in-law was there to help. That looked like a daunting amount of unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned to DIL that I don't have a year's lease, so can move at any time. She thought the idea that I should acclimate to the elevation within 8 weeks meant I'd move back to lower altitude then. I said it's is my deadline to have accomplished being comfortable at this altitude.

      Delete
  4. What a great daughter in law you have. I hope all gets set up and your fever abates. Maybe a rest will be in the plan for today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emptied 2 suitcases so far, and started baking a loaf of bread. And rested and celebrated being on-line again!

      Delete
  5. Hope your fever resolves on its own. Maybe after getting settled a bit and you have time to rest, you will get better. In the meantime, how nice it has been to have the help of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can control exposure to some degree if you ever want to pursue it, but you probably don’t, especially when you're not feeling well. I hope you both get better and also get your coverage resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the finger on the darker area rather than the lighter one, but it still wanted to enlighten everything as if it were full daylight. Any sugggestions would be welcome.

      Delete
  7. Are you having any other symptoms beyond the fever or things associated with fever like fatigue and aching? I hope that insurance gets transferred soon! Like...yesterday.
    Sweet daughter-in-law. The kitchen is always the most important room in the house in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fatigue other than that expected with being at high altitude. I don't like that my brain is slow, though my pulse ox is steady at 93...usually with 02 going. I have some gut issues too...no headache at least. Soup is on the menu again tonight. The chicken noodle last night just hit the spot. Tonight is tomato...with fresh bread if the machine does its job.

      Delete
  8. What an excellent DIL. I hope the fever clears up soon and the insurance gets straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree both ways...and today was focusing on Specturm to get the internet going again. Nothing done about insurance. No fever either!

      Delete
  9. Sorry to hear your fever is back. I hope you feel better soon and get that insurance figured out. Your daughter-in-law is so sweet to help you like that. Try to rest, feel better and enjoy that beautiful view you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the view is certainly peaceful and inspirational. DIL and son are really wonderful, and I expect them to come over tomorrow again.

      Delete
  10. Oh, it's a bummer that you have a fever again. Hope you soon feel better and the insurance is sorted out quickly. Meantime, rest in your new abode. Glad that you have such efficient help from family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks For your good wishes, and I am definitely good at resting. When something needss to go in the other room, it gets added to a stack, until I'm ready to go there. Lots of things are finding their new homes!

      Delete
  11. What a blessing the daughter in-law is! So happy to hear you have someone to help you. And I feel so bad that your fever has returned. And I can only think of bad words to say about the insurance. It better straighten itself out IMMEDIATELY. Please rest and we will concentrate on prayers for better health. And to fix the insurance snafu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my health were better (and I assume it will be within 8 weeks) then the insurance is more of a fall-back, rather than needed for today's survival. So far I'm doing ok with tylenol and sleep when the fever comes. And today I couldn't even fall asleep for a nap! So my fatigue factor is somewhat improved.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I tried moderating, thinking that would be a quicker way to check on comments, but actually it takes more time. So go ahead and talk amongst yourselves, and I'll check in when I can!!