Keeping the gold, looking to meet new friends...
One fabulous treasure in this lifetime has been my friend, Helen, who celebrated her 87th last week.
Another of my besties, Teresa, with her granddaughter Madison...remembering a picnic at Mt. Mitchell NC.

Tai working on his stuff, (preparing for teaching in a week) while I'm sitting at the desk in the corner by the window. Yep, my shoes are discarded, because my feet hurt! (Taken Thursday afternoon.)
I wanted to try this coffee shop, but they were closed on Sunday when I drove by. The school building is Smiley and the coffee shop used to be called Smiley's...but now is Blue Wing.
Through the screen, 3 of the Four Firs I love to see each morning. So far I've seen crows and blue birds flying by. It's a hoot to see some fly to the roof right above my window...whoosh!
My Alpaca Peruvian shawl, here worn by me at my son Russ' wedding in 2000. It was packed and I thought lost, but I just rediscovered it at the bottom of a box. My youngest son, Tai, gave it to me on his return from a college trip to Peru. Huge sentimental value here! (I know, I very seldom have had a perm for my hair...it's a one off!)
Dragon wishes for a wonderful life for each of my readers!
Tai working on his stuff, (preparing for teaching in a week) while I'm sitting at the desk in the corner by the window. Yep, my shoes are discarded, because my feet hurt! (Taken Thursday afternoon.)
I noticed how high the ceilings are here. (More later about this).
Looking the other direction from the kitchen with the desk in that far corner, which is where I do most of my blogging, and reading other's publications! (Taken Friday morning.)
If you notice the bare walls, it's because we can't hang anything on them. No pictures! I have several boxes of them ready to hang, and now they'll just get put into tubs to store them. I'm glad I brought three tall bookcases with me, which give something high to look at along the wall. All the walls are plaster or concrete! So it's very quiet here, and I'm calling this my cave home. My tree-enclosed apartment in Black Mountain was named The Nest.
My son Russ suggests trying Command Strips. I've used them on wallboard walls, but these spackled plaster or concrete block ones may be a challenge.
Sharing with Tom's Tuesday Treasures!
I am especially glad of the divine gift of laughter; it has made the world human and lovable, despite all its pain and wrong. |
W.E.B. DU BOIS |
Sunday afternoon, after a lovely 59 degrees at dawn. I now have 2 times of day...go out before 11, then stay inside and close the blinds until 7:30 pm when the sun sets. Windows can open usually by midnight!
Between my building at the corner of E. 3rd Ave and 14th St, and Blue Wing Coffee Shop in Smiley School building, is this lovely little old home.
I'll be sharing many of the beautiful old homes on E. 3rd Ave here in Durango.

It is lovely when things appear with a move..not so when they disappear!
ReplyDeletepictures can go on bookshelves...but then where do the books go?!
Love the dragon and cat Boop❤️
Looks like you're settling in! It's always fun to explore a new town/city!
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI hope you come to love your new home cave. The bookcases are a good idea, for displaying your treasures and books. I love the view of the firs, I am sure the finches, siskins and the crossbills love those trees. Happy Belated birthday to your friend Helen. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.