Saturday, October 3, 2026

Trivia and critters

 



I try when I awaken at night, to remember something in nature that I saw that day. Fortunately I have house plants!



The first Peanuts comic strip debuted on October 2, 1950 and featured Patty, Shermy, and "Good ol' Charlie Brown!" Happy anniversary to these wonderful young people of all kinds!




When we were reading Peanuts in the papers daily, we might spend an evening watching 2 movies, a cartoon, and a news reel from the comfort of our cars. There was no grass there then!


from Swedish artist Jenny Soderlund.



The Dryads by Debra A Hitchcock



Sharing with Saturday's Critters


--------------------

There’s power in love to help and heal when nothing else can. There’s power in love to lift up and liberate when nothing else will. There’s power in love to show us the way to live.

BISHOP MICHAEL B. CURRY


----------------------

Come visit me at Life in Durango please. 




15 comments:

  1. cats...definitely!! and yes, Snoopy ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The few critters I saw in the last week were neighbors' dogs on their way out to walk, so I didn't want to delay them from taking care of critters' needs to take their photos.

      Delete
  2. It’s fun remembering Snoopy, and I liked seeing the Dryads. Happy Saturday. That cat was really into Caturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a cat who would gently touch my cheek to wake me up...her little paw softly awakening me...no claws thank heaven. Never sat on my chest though.

      Delete
  3. We have a few holdout drive-ins here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they were really terrible speakers...before stereos, no dolby sound then!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I loved seeing those ladies with it all hanging out, so to speak.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful art work and the kitties do need their space.
    The drive-ins here were turned into flea markets.
    Love is powerful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little hills between each row must have been interesting to set up flea market stalls...or maybe they did tail-gates our of cars.

      Delete
  6. The power of love...how true! Go outside and notice something beautiful is MY motto! Thanks for sharing sweet lady. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have a little something to share. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. Oh, it is 76 year old.
    The feet must feel strange, having walked for 76 years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feet? Maybe Snoopy's who ended up dancing...but in many of his scenes from Schultz, he's lying on his back on top of his dog house!

      Delete
  8. We still have a drive-in about a mile from our house! It closed last week for the winter (attendance goes way down once high school football games start, too). They don't have the speakers anymore. You can dial the sound in on your car radio. We bring a battery powered weather radio so we don't run down the car battery. It's nice when it is raining (of course we go to the drive-in in the rain, if the movie is good!). And they have instituted a new food feature. Your car can pay $5 and bring your own food with you. Now we don't have to camouflage the pizza, and the cooler, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you're thinking. I'm mostly over on the other blog these days...Life in Durango.