Thursday, October 8, 2026

Pardon me, I'll be in the kitchen

 


I  haven't had a slow cooker in a while. Then Prime did it's special sales days, and I had a gift certificate which covered all but $3 of this gadget. Now I even have a pressure cooker, which can make yogurt too. Thanks to family who really gave it to me as a birthday present.

------------------

I had a great talk with our new UU minister, Rev. Jamie Boyce. It was kind of personal, but also I needed to find some helpers, so she channeled me towards the right people. I think I'd rather try a new mechanic for my old car based on their recommendations rather than FaceBook.


17 comments:

  1. Nice instant pot! You'll be able to make some fab meals in that! And yes, word of mouth from people you know is MUCH better at finding good tradespeople than some random recommendations off the internet, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works. I wonder about my old car's abilities in these mountains. So far it's behaved like a champ!

      Delete
  2. You seem to be integrating well. We don't use Instapot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Integrating...asking for help. Why not Instapot?

      Delete
  3. Personal recommendations can be best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at another brand but my cooking daughter-in-law suggested this one, at a much better price. She uses this brand and said she'd never had problems with it.

      Delete
  4. I have a crockpot but not the instant pot. I would like the air fryer. Take care, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My toaster oven has air fryer capabilities, but I don't ever use that function.

      Delete
  5. I have never had an instapot, but so many people sing their praises perhaps I am missing out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of cooking beans faster, because I usually think of fixing them, then have to wait for them to finish before finally eating them.

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic gift! I love it! I've used a pressure cooker my entire life but I would imagine the instant pot is easier to manage. You're right- they're great for beans! And tough cuts of meat, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I meant to say- how terrific you got to make contact with the minister.

      Delete
    2. I had a pressure cooker back i the 70s, which lasted about 30 years before the ring or something kind of died on it. Kept cooking my soups in it since it was good stainless, from Sears! My crock-pot experience has been very limited, using a thrift store one for a while then gave it away. Yes, I'm glad Rev. Jamie asked people if they wanted to meet with her, and she sets 45 minute sessions on her calendar. I'll probably schedule another one sometime.

      Delete
  7. I've never had an insta pot but I have heard good things! Sending good wishes to be put in touch with the people you need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 'm new to small kitchen appliances, so Instant Pot is the brand of this slow cooker/pressure cooker. I found at least one other brand which costs a lot more.

      Delete
  8. I have one of those. I use it mostly as a glorified crock pot but also it makes some meals very fast. Lvoe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No recipes yet for it...but I did see one that sounded interesting, making lasagna with plenty to freeze.

      Delete

Please let me know what you're thinking. I'm mostly over on the other blog these days...Life in Durango.