Monday, September 7, 2026

Cortez has great murals

 


The far right of this mural, through the open car window


The middle and far left of the mural through the windshield...sorry.


Sorry, glare from the windshield kept the last one from being clear. I bet AC could figure out how to save it.

Thinking of AC, here's one with some scary folks in it...but not a coffee shop!



The next one is from FaceBook...not in Cortez!


Either staged or AI...but still funny!



Yes, the wealth of the Southwest has been in its minerals!


11 comments:

  1. Good morning. Are you up or do you preset a publish time?

    If iit isn’t attached to a coffee shop what good it it? 😀

    Did the roadrunner create that mural? Enquiring minds want to know,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wiley Coyote is the trickster, and The Roadrunner just never gets caught...beep beep! The bars are pretty popular, or liquor stores. Especially with the motorcyclists being in the area for the Four Corners Rally...or whatever it's called. I do preset for 3 am to post my blogs every day! That way I can sleep till dawn, or later.

      Delete
  2. Hello Barb,
    I love all the murals, great finds. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I remembered where some of the murals were from my last visit to Cortez, a year and a half ago. I didn't capture them all on this trip though.

      Delete
  3. That bridge offered quite a good surface for the tunnel mural. But someone running into it? Is that for real?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not likely. Unless there's a new character in the cartoon, like adding Jessica Rabbit to the movie, "Who framed Roger Rabbit?" It is a fun spoof with real live actors intermixed with animations.

      Delete
  4. What an interesting city you have made your new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but Cortez is about 47 miles west of Durango, so I can't consider it my home. It's my son's home.

      Delete
  5. ...Barbara, these are fabulous, I hope that there are some more to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more from this trip. It was fun driving around Cortez on Saturday morning trying to capture these, and not get out of the car with the portable oxygen thingie.

      Delete

Yay comments are working now!