
Looking north along 3rd Avenue in Durango, some lovely old homes. The one on the corner caught my attention because it went back into so many interesting features.
I like the windows, including what looks like aluminum foil treatment against the heat/light.
Even a half greenhouse, which probably isn't used this time of year!
I liked everything about this house, especially the "sanctuary" sign, which I couldn't actually read.
Lots of fun roof treatments on this home!
Not all the houses were huge.
The Christian Science church looks pretty imposing for a smallish building.
First Baptist Church. I'll capture more churches that are along this old drive soon.

At the top of 14th St. actually. What views they must have!
Sharing with Tuesday's Treasures.
...these would look at home here too! Thanks for the tour, Barbara.
ReplyDeleteThis neighborhood impressed me when I visited with my son and his wife in 2025 - who knew then that I'd eventually have an address also on East 3rd Avenue!
DeleteAmericans are a flag-flying people.
ReplyDeleteAnd unfortunately the MAGA folks have decided to exemplify their bigoted attitudes with flag flying. The rest of us are angry that they've usurped a symbol which used to have a much broader meaning.
DeleteThey would look at home here in Toronto too! I love the white one.
ReplyDeleteThat's great to hear. I've not seen any homes like these on your blog that I remember.
DeleteOld homes like that can have such character!
ReplyDeleteThey are a style which I find beautiful and everywhere I go in the US: St. Augustine and Tampa FL, Knoxville TN, and Laurinburg and Asheville NC, as well as St. Louis MO.
DeleteI've seen homes like that in New England. It's probably the period.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, I remember many similar homes in Hartford CT when I lived there also!
DeleteOh, I do love charming old houses! These are lovely.
ReplyDeleteSome of these homes represent those who could afford helpers/servants to care for them.
DeleteBeautiful view! And what charming old houses!
ReplyDeleteIt certainly does my heart good to see it each morning.
DeleteWandering up Third Avenue to admire those historic Durango houses is pure perfection. Spotting inventive window treatments paired with cute half-greenhouses makes exploring old neighborhoods so fun. Those gorgeous views from fourteenth street must be incredible year-round. Tuesday treasures shares always deliver visual treats
ReplyDeleteI can imagine ladies and parasols, with long skirts, slowly walking down the nice sidewalks to visit and have tea with a friend.
DeleteWhat a lovely street! I especially like the one with all the roof treatments. That is an art! Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteThese homes do all have character, don't they!
DeleteBeautiful homes and a great tour! I love your view out the window. Take care, enjoy your day!
ReplyDelete