Laundry room.
There's a lovely commons room with big couches and chairs...and outside the windows you can see it was still a cool 80...due to get to 100 again that day!
Some people were outside chatting, but few came inside this big room.
There are always a few smokers in their designated shady area.
I sat while the washers were going, but as soon as the hour long driers started, I went back upstairs. For the same price I got 15 minutes more of drying time, but perhaps the temperature is a bit lower, because everything was just right when my first laundry was finished. Except I had to fold and hang up things still!
My son, Tai, says the highest peak is Heron Peak. I'm not tired of taking pictures of it yet...sorry if you are tired of seeing them!
Sharing with Thankful Thursday





Do you have designated laundry times in your building or is it just "first come, first served"?
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately it's first come first served. But my app that allows me to pay for each machine from a fund I set up lets me know if machines are free. Supposedly anyway. There are 4 washers and 4 driers. It's kept pretty clean too.
DeleteSomething I should probably know but missed id whether this is specifically a seniors complex. The common areas cause me to wonder.
ReplyDeleteYes, it's for seniors, or those with disabilities. I've met a youngish son (30s maybe) and his elderly mother in the laundry room - he lives on my floor (4) and she lives on the first floor. The son must have a mental disability, because nothing physical was obvious. I keep meeting people as I walk to and from my apartment, and one nice day (whenever it happens) I'll try sitting outside and maybe get to know someone better.
DeleteThat's one of the nicest laundry rooms I've seen.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is nice. Kept pretty clean too. I dropped my box of old picture frames off on the "give away" table yesterday.
DeleteThis place is nice, especially the common room, just right when you want a bit of company.
ReplyDeleteI will have to find out if you have to make reservations for the common room...but I bet people can just go in there and use the little kitchen and have guests. Each floor has an elevator lobby with pretty little sitting areas...different bright colors on each floor...but nobody ever seems to use them!
Delete...thankfully, you are settling in to your surrounds. Take care and be well.
ReplyDeleteSettling is slow...and I find I've retreated into computer time when my energies are low...what with just being tired as well as working on the breathing...and especially the drag of the various business dealings to change things to the new location. Yesterday was 2 hours dealing with phone service.
DeleteSo far looks like a nice residence.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I agree.
DeleteAs others have stated- that's a pretty swell-looking laundry room. It is...roomy. And it looks so tidy. As so the common areas.
ReplyDeleteI am wondering how the P.O. visit went.
Haven't gone to PO yet...yesterday was low energy day what with 2 hours dealing with phone changes.
DeleteWhat a nice laundry room. I really like this complex. I think you got lucky an apartment opened there instead of the previous place. The outdoor area seems very nice too, maybe in a different season.
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled that I won't have to go outside to get to a laundry room any more...rain or shine for 11 years was quite enough.
DeleteNice that the laundry room seems to function well and is kept clean. In my building (with 18 apartments and not just for seniors) only one washer + one tumble drier + one drying cabinet so there's a booking system. There is a larger laundry room in the next building, though that we may also use. But I always book the one in my own building as I can just take the lift straight down.
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed the laundromat idea where I can wash a couple of loads at the same time. It means I don't have to wait till one is finished to do another. That would be more time consuming.
DeleteI'm glad to hear there are pops of colors in the elevator lobby areas. Methinks the abundance of neutral colors elsewhere needs brightening up! I guess that's provided by the clothing of the residents!
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to have such nice laundry facilities in the building, too.
Hugs!
Ha, you're right, the residents do provide color. I think the bare walls in my apartment will never feel homey for me...not allowed to hang pictures. But I do have some Command hooks, and will try them.
DeleteThe place looks nice, the laundry and the common areas. I love the view of the mountains. Take care, enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteHi Eileen...I'll have some photos to share with you Saturday with critters.
DeleteI did my laundry today, too. My pleasure is to hang it onto the washing line outside. :-)
ReplyDeleteI would love to have "air dried" clothes, but haven't that option living in this 4 story apartment building.
DeleteIt all looks very nice. I'm sure you'll soon meet some other residents that you can get friendly with. We don't have any communal facilities in my apartment block so I have my own washing machine and there's a drying area outside. Occasionally I wish there was a bigger machine for larger items but there is a launderette in Saltaire village.
ReplyDeleteI would love a washer/drier in the apartment...as well as a dishwasher. But those aren't included here.
DeleteA clean well-lighted place! So glad you are settling in!
ReplyDeleteThere's also a very dedicated maintenance man...how do I know he's dedicated? He rushes around and doesn't smile or say hi. I miss the one I had at my last complex who did stop to talk to you all the time.
DeleteIt looks so inviting, Barb. You definitely landed in the right place.
ReplyDeleteMount Heron is stunning.
I was in town a few blocks away today and noticed Heron Peak looked different from there. Mountains have so many dimensions to them.
Delete