Hi to those who enjoy old photos, which we term Sepia...and weekly we gather whatever we wish to share on Saturday!
Yep I'm a day early, since I don't want to miss Saturday Critters, and it's pretty hard to find old photos that are also critters.
This is my Sepia Saturday contribution.
A couple of artists, Frida Kahlo and …
BIG OOPS. I JUST LOOKED AT HIM AND THOUGHT WHAT’S PICASSO DOING WITH FRIDA?
My mistake thinking he was Diego Rivera!
I love portraits of the generations, but don't know who these women were.
I wasn't here for this pyramid of Heym family members.
On bottom is Norm DeWolfe, Doug Heym, and Rick Heym.
The ladies are Carolyn Heym and Sally Heym.
Top are my sons, Marty (brunette) and Russ (blond.)
My ex is Doug Heym. I took back my maiden name when we divorced.

The Sepia Saturday prompt.
------------------
I am doing better, and slowly getting this "cave in Durango" to look nice and homey. Thanks totally to my son and his wife. They came and rearranged the furniture, then unloaded boxes to shelves, and went out to pick up lunch.
I had a short nap, and found some of my blogs won't let me reply to comments. Hope that's temporary, because I do love the conversations that occur here...making this true social media.
At least I have ac which makes the 90+ temps each day bearable keeping it around 70 inside.
I went out for about a half hour this morning to a local grocery store, then drove back a different way. I can't wait to have the energy to drive around more and find what's where. So far I saw the court house and post office. And a health food store. The last and maybe the post office will be useful.
The little Durango-Silverton train (narrow gauge but full size cars) just whistled its way by. It passes several times a day...but not at night.
There are several engines pulling the trains, this one yesterday, while today an orange one did the job.
It looked like all the cars were open air, but different set-ups. Some trains had about 10 cars, some just 4...of the few that I've stopped to watch go by from my windows.
--------
PS, it's Colorado Day here...the 150th birthday of the state. So all I know about it is that the Animas Museum here in Durango is open free today. I don't think I'll make it to the museum today though.
Hello, Barb,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like things are settling down with the help of your family.
Neat photos of the train, it would be fun to take a ride.
Take care, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.
I'm hoping to take the train ride, sometime in the fall.
DeleteHow is the breathing? Have you adjusted to the thinner air already? That guy in the bottom centre of the pyramid with the hair, beard and sunglasses could almost have been me at a certain point in life, but I didn’t have hair like that for long and not just because it all fell out. :)
ReplyDeleteYes the 70s were the hair years! My ex kept the beard, but lost the locks also. Nope, the air situation is still a bother. Temperatures are reasonable, as long as I do outings before it gets in the 90s (around noon) and stay in air-conditioning the rest of the day. I've got just a bit to keep me busy ibn the apartment.!
Delete...so, you have a pent house suite?
ReplyDeleteI’m quite happy with top floor…but being a concrete building it’s very quiet, and no sense of heat rising from lower floors.
DeletePretty sure the guy in the photo with Frida is indeed an artist but it's Pablo Picasso rather than Diego Rivera. I wonder what the two of them were getting up to?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you're settling, slowly but surely, getting your nest in order and exploring your new community, a little bit at a time. Have you met anyone interesting yet?
Sorry about that, I finally had just stared back at him and decided how you did! I met another woman in the elevator named Barbara! So that’s a good thing!
DeleteGlad you got help with the furniture and unloading boxes! - I have problems on and off when it comes to being able to reply to comments from my tablet. Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. And I still haven't been able to figure out whether it's to do with Blogger, or my own wifi/internet. It's annoying when sometimes one has written a longish reply and then it just won't publish, though...
ReplyDeleteLast time it happened, I just cut the one that wouldn’t publish, and reloaded the blog, and it finally did publish.
DeleteHow wonderful to have had the help of your son and DIL in getting your furniture arranges and things on the shelves. Now you can walk into your home and see it's welcoming!
ReplyDeleteGive yourself time to recover from the tiring efforts of the last weeks and you'll still have good weather for learning about your new town.
Hugs!
Schools are about to start…so my son is concentrating on setting things up for his art classes. Family have certainly made this trip possible and as easy as possible. My other sons contributed financially, but Tai and Kendra have given above and beyond.
DeleteOh how wonderful you have a train going by several times a day! My neighborhood borders a train track and I love hearing the train blowing its horn at the crossing and then passing by. Looks like you are making a lot of progress getting settled in. I haven't been going anywhere much lately either because of the heat and humidity. It's just unbearable.
ReplyDeleteI have tried talking on the phone when the toots start down at the crossing , and with windows open all I have to say is, please wait for the train to pass. Everyone here in Durango apparently is used to it. It’s not so loud with windows closed and I already kind of ignore it…but I delight in it!
DeleteWhat a great little train!
ReplyDeleteIt’s apparently a great draw for tourists…with a ride along a scenic river by mines up to the little town of Silverton. I look forward to a ride in the fall.
DeleteWhat a nice view with a train going through town. I just finished catching up with your posts and glad you made it to your new home. Hope you are feeling better and getting comfortable with your new place.
ReplyDeleteThanks…it’s been quite a ride, eh? Health is slowly getting better…but I’m targeting 8 weeks for adapting to the altitude. So here I am just on day 7 of being over a mile high. It is a pain to have to drag around a plastic tube for oxygen!
DeleteGlad you have willing helpers to assist with getting your new place how you want it. What fun to see the trains!
ReplyDeleteI am forever in debt to my dear family for their help
DeleteSo glad your son and daughter in-law are lending a hand! It sounds like you are really moving forward and recovering from the move. One day at a time. And you do have plenty you can do inside before temperatures become tolerable in the fall. I have never been to Durango but it seems like a beautiful place!
ReplyDeleteI can’t wait till I can go for walks along 3rd Ave…the other side of our building is a boulevard with old mansions and trees along it. And the river is somewhere just near the train tracks.
DeleteBarbara, we also have a train that goes by our apartment, but from across the Nashua River close to another mill apartment building, but only on Wednesday. Glad to read that you are settling into your new home with the hep of family.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great pose used in the old 4-generations-of-women photo!
ReplyDelete