Update about blogCa

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Families in moments

Most of my family pictures are of brief moments when I got the people to stand together for that photo.  Some of them have never been published, and if these are friends of yours (or you yourself) I apologize for sharing them without your permission, because I've been out of touch for 20 or 40 years.

 

In Tallahassee FL summers, people wear as few clothes as they feel like. Here the father of my youngest son is in some really short shorts, talking with his friend, the painter, who wears his work clothes.


 My friends' baby, Lila, grabbed a bit of flesh of her mom, who tried to keep on smiling. (Taken by a swimming pool)

I moved away from Tallahassee but was there to see the impending birth of April...there's Steph about to have a home birth and I think that's her husband behind her, her midwife has the blue t-shirt on, and that's my youngest son in the arms of a friend. (NOTE, not her husband but a friend).

Friend, Grant playing with my youngest son.  The baby did get out of that stretchy cover-all sometimes!

 My parents visited Disney World (in Orlando FL area) from Houston.  They were kind of used to hot muggy weather, and running (walking) from one air conditioned place to another.

My nephew and mother at Disney World. Yes a background sometimes does make a difference in a photograph.

Over at Sepia Saturday, I see a group of - maybe family members - posed for a studio photograph, which shows the background and the studio.


Quote for today:
We live on the brink of disaster because we do not know how to let life alone. We do not respect the living and fruitful contradictions and paradoxes of which true life is full.
Thomas Merton

8 comments:

  1. Some very interesting and fun family and friends photographs here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Susan and Gail...I've had to put the "moderation" thing on again because of spam coming in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have captured some ordinary, but sweet moments in time. The best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, eclectic mix of photos. One of the pluses of blogging is having somewhere to share the poignant moments in life as depicted in the photos you've posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right about the "brief moments", almost all the family photos I take now are like these. We have very few posed formal family photos. Certainly none like the vintage studio photos of earlier times. In the future, snapshots may become very rare as digital images stored on dead cellphones and in unclaimed web clouds disappear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THanks Molly, Kathy and Mike. I often wonder what it would be like if suddenly the internet stopped, or those clouds disappeared. A local man wrote a scary novel about "The Day After" a kind of attack which knocked out all electronics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Takes me back to the good ol' days.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.