Update about blogCa

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Home Movies - part 3




It gives me such warm feelings to see my father's typical conversational gestures recorded from so long ago.  Here he was telling a short story, completely lost to time, at his parent's house in Houston, TX.

My father, George Rogers Jr, lived with my mother and myself in Dallas TX at the time (around 1945).  That was quite a haul to drive to Houston during the war.  He worked as an accountant in an aircraft manufacturing plant.  He was the only one of the 4 sons who didn't serve in the military.  (I have no idea why, but it's likely he had some medical condition which was kept secret.  All medical conditions were kept secret in our Christian Science family.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.