Update about blogCa

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Tickle me...


with a feather, she might say.  Or how about a bit of goose down?


Canada Geese goslings, photo by Barbara Rogers

There's a prompt on Sepia Saturday with a photo of a young lady tickling a reclining gentleman, well, about to tickle him, because he's still reclining.  Come on over and check it out HERE.  I think I'll look into our fine feathered friends, since I haven't got a single old photo that comes close to this scene.

 Young Mallard ducks, photo by Barbara Rogers



Brown Pelicans feeding, photo by Barbara Rogers



Mockingbird, photo by Barbara Rogers

Shared on Facebook
Wood Ducks, Photo by Ramya Gleeson

 
Gosling, photo by Barbara Rogers
Seagull, photo by Barbara Rogers


Disclaimer: I only post once a week to Sepia Saturday, attempting to be on theme.  The rest of my posts here at "When I was 69" are my personal archives, which may or may not have anything to do with momentos of the past.  If Sepia Saturday wishes to remove my link for daily postings, I'll certainly understand, because I don't attempt to be Sepian except when I post to the site weekly. 

My personal archives include lots of things that aren't at all Sepian...just what's important to me that I wish to share and save in a blog.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by.  I love reading what you post...but also will not make comments if there is a requirement for me to fill in my name and address or to retype some strange symbols to prove I'm not a robot.




14 comments:

  1. Well, I never thought of tickling because if someone tickles me, I can't lie still and take it. I'm far too touchy and my husband is even worse. Interesting approach. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever -- not to be undone by Sepia Saturday prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Helen, so I know that the woman in the picture hasn't yet touched the man with her feather. I'd be jumping all over her if it were me. Wendy...sometimes I don't even try to get anything close to the prompt, but maybe this stretch is forgivable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. some of them look quite three dimensional, particularly the gosling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos Barb and have no fear, neither Alan nor I would remove a regular contributor like you, especially when you kindly link back to Sepia Saturday and make an effort to visit others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A clever twist on the theme - focusing on the feather the woman is about to tickle the man with. The photo of the Wood ducks reminds me how different it is in the bird world that the males are the ones with all the bright showy colors. Of course there was a time a few ages back when human males tried to emulate them with bright satin britches & colorful coats & vests with frilly shirts. Only the manliest of men could really pull the look off well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we Sepians are all birds of a feather. And easily tickled too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks La Nightingale...your name speaks of a feathered friend also! But I don't know what one looks like even. However, I do appreciate those well dressed drakes and other male birds. I just realized all mine are web footed, except the Mockingbird. I'll have to look for other birds now to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't those wood ducks beautiful and those Canadian geese..well...fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on some lateral thinking. I couldn't come up with anything this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remove the link : NEVER. You are always welcome on board an Air Sepia flight

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well Done. Love the way that you linked to the theme.

    Great Photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh to see one of those wood ducks in person! The glorious colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice bird photos. I hadn't heard of a brown pelican before. Here in Aus they are all black and white, and we saw lots of them last weekend when we were visiting our beach unit on the mid north coast of NSW. They love to hang about where the fishermen are cleaning and gutting their catch and throwing them scraps.

    ReplyDelete

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.