Pause in Blog

Whether permanent or not, this blog is now combined with my other one Alchemy of Clay. http://blackmtnbarb.blogspot.com/
go there, and then follow me over there. The personal and genealogical archives, and Black Mountain NC scenery and my potting life are combined. It's a good thing.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Felted birdhouse



Have you ever seen such a cute little bird house?  It was my present from one of my sons for this holiday season, and comes complete with a hanging cord.  I will need to take the stuffing of newspapers out from inside when it's time to put it hanging from a tree limb in the spring.  The instructions say the opening is just right for one kind of bird, but can be enlarged for another kind.  And I'm thinking of putting a little stick out from the opening for landing upon.  That little button on the lower backside provides a secure closing where you can clean out the nest from last year as needed.




No comments: