Friday, July 19, 2013

Gettin on the scale

When so many (well 4) bloggers and friends are exercising and losing weight, and watching what they eat and losing weight...well, darn it all, I guess I will too.

And I'm happy to say that from my starting about a month ago, I've gotten down 10 pounds so far.  It's fun to get out and walk a half mile every morning...and maybe I'll make it to a mile soon.

I won't discuss diet, but it is definitely more healthy and less sweet than it used to be.  I still have treats, but have goals attached to them...so they coincide with my having done something else healthy for myself.

What are you doing, or are you already one of the 2/3 of Americans who are not overweight?

Or is it the other way around for that number?  I still get a kick out of going in W-mart's doors just to feel like I am doing so well compared to so many other people.  Why do you think W-mart attracts the biggest citizens?

Oh I must say the important thing for me to remember is that healthy is the goal, certainly not to "Look Skinny."

2 comments:

Ashleigh Burroughs said...

The wheelchairs in our Walmart are extra-large. Teeth seem to be optional, as is covering one's bottom or boobs. Everyone has a smile and is willing to help and is friendly and wiling to chat, but all i want to do is take the processed foods out of their carts and lead them through the veggies.
a/b

B. Rogers, Living in Black Mountain said...

Oh Ashleigh...you sure do paint the right picture for me. And it pushes me in the right direction. I am so glad the vegies are right in the front of the store!