Update about blogCa

Friday, October 5, 2012

Parkway pics

The Blue Ridge Parkway is just 9 miles from my home along US 70.  Then it wends its way along the ridgetops overlooking the Swannanoa Valley, in which Black Mountain, my home, is situated to the southeast.  I don't know the name of the valleys to the west or north of the parkway.  Haw Creek is probably one.

I pulled to the side of the road to catch some pics of the only bright color within view.  I wonder what actually is down this closed road.





Wonderful warm sunshine with clouds dancing across the sky.

A few colors among the rocks prove that fall is definitely coming.

You can see the two posts on the far right which used to hold the sign designating this overlook.  I believe it's called View Pinnacle.  The National Parks have not replaced it apparently, but I was glad to see their budget did take care of cleaning up dead-fall of trees, which had been cut and moved aside so the Parkway remained open for traffic.  This is it's big season starting in a week or so.


Why hasn't an animal or bird eaten these berries yet?

Hate the thorns, but it has some pretty colored leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There is today, more than ever, the need for a compassionate regenerative world civilization.